Yoga Instructors Course Singapore
The Yoga Instructors Course (YIC) is an appropriate course for individuals who would like to acquire deep knowledge of Yoga. Yoga through Asanas, Pranayamas, Kriyas and the core of Yogic Literature and Philosophy are the main topics covered in the course. Individuals who are keen to become Yoga teachers or are currently practicing yoga and want to understand more about their postural alignments must do this course.
The duration of the course is 200 hours, which comprises of two groups. The theory and practical classes are the first group that consists of 120 hours. The second group comprises of fieldwork of 80 hours. However, the 200 hours course is not enough to make an individual expert in any field. It is necessary that the students learn the Yogic Techniques from the expert teachers and continue practice what they have learned in the course. This will enable them to live a holistic life by means of Yoga.
Listed below are some of the topics that the teachers will cover under this course:
- Introduction to Yoga and its Streams: Kriyas, Mudras, Bhandas and Astanga Yoga are some of the units taught under this topic
- Applications of Anatomy and Physiology on Yoga: Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology as well as their applied aspects on Yoga are covered under this topic
- Adhija and Anadhija Vyadhi: This topic comprises of Pathogenesis and Reverse pathology by Yoga
- Techniques of Yogic Therapy: Shad Chakras and techniques for curing certain specific disorders are taught in the course
- Yoga Teaching Techniques: Style of presentation, demonstration, classroom arrangement, and more are some of the units under this topic
- Practical course: The practical training program consists of several topics such as breathing techniques, loosening practices, Yoga Asanas, Meditation, Pranayama, Kriya, etc.
The YIC will make people realize the power of Yoga and its importance in transforming their lives. So, if you want to have a strong personality and a holistic life, then this course will benefit you greatly.
Who should attend?
- Those who wants to have a deeper knowledge of yoga through Asanas (postures), Pranayamas (breathing techniques), Kriyas (cleansing techniques), the essence of Yogic Literature and Philosophy
- Current yoga practitioner who are keen on understanding their postural alignments
- Those who are keen to teach yoga
Eligibility: O/N-Level Secondary School Pass or Higher
- Theory and Contact Practical classes (120hrs) + Fieldwork (80hrs) = 200hrs
- Registration Fees: S$250 per person
- Course Fees: S$2,399 per person
Venue of School
- 14D Jalan Masjid, #01-01 Kingston Terrace, Singapore 418935
Certifying School of Yoga
- Indian Institute of Patanjali Yoga Affiliated to Swami Paramhansa Samsthana (Under section 44 of MPR act. 1973 05/26/01/0897/10. Govt. of India) www.paramhansa.org
- Yoga Alliance, USA, a research based holistic organization (An International Yoga Schools Accreditations Organization from USA)
- Weekday (Monday to Friday)
- Morning batch – Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Friday: 11am to 2pm
- Evening batch – Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 7.30pm to 10pm
|Title of Topics||Units|
|Introduction to Yoga and its Streams||
|Introduction of Anatomy & Physiology and Their Applied Aspects on Yoga||
|Introduction of Adhija & Anadhija Vyadhi (Pathogenesis and Reverse Pathology by Yoga)||
|Teaching Techniques (Theory)||
|Teaching Techniques (Practical)||
|Breathing Practices and Pranayama||
|Om and Cyclic Meditation||
|Non-class Contact Field Work (80hrs)