The Certificate in Yoga Therapy (CYT) is an apt training program for those who have successfully completed the Yoga Teacher Training Program that comprises of 200 hours. The course can also be taken by individuals who are interested in applying yoga techniques to assist injured or ailing people. Candidates who want to improve their overall health can also do the course under the expert guidance of therapist.
The duration of the course is 500 hours and is divided into three groups. The first group consists of theoretical training that comprises of 210 hours. The second group is field training of 140 hours and the last one is practical training of 150 hours. Some of the topics that are covered under the entire training session are listed below:
- Yoga Therapy Foundations: In this topic, students can learn more about Samskrita, Patanjali Yoga Sutras, six streams of Philosophy, and more.
- Bio-medical Concepts: Human Anatomy, Human Physiology and conventional medical system are some of the topics taught by the teachers.
- Yoga Therapy for Common Ailments: Managing several diseases through Yoga is covered in this topic.
- Therapy Techniques: Special Yoga Asanas, breathing, relaxation and therapeutic techniques for treating various ailments are done in this topic.
- Skills of Learning and Teaching: Delivering Yoga therapy in groups or one-to-one session is taught under this topic.
Legal Regulations to be followed while providing professional services and field training are some more topics that are covered by the teachers in the syllabus. The yoga instructors are very helpful and you can contact them anytime after the work hours for clearing your doubts. In short, the main objective of this course is to train and prepare individuals for various aspects of Yoga. Students are given proper exposure on all features related to Yoga so that they can experience constant joy and fulfillment in life by living healthy. However, they are supposed to practice the exercises at home regularly so that they can manage their mind well and are capable to provide similar services to others by becoming Yoga instructors.
Who should attend?
- Those who have successfully completed the Yoga Instructor Course – 200hrs
- Have interest in applying yoga techniques to assist in injuries and medical conditions and to improve overall health
Eligibility: O/N-Level Secondary School Pass or Higher + YICC (pre-requisite)
- Theory in Classroom (210 hours)
- Lectures with Power Points
- Lectures with Video presentations
- Lectures with Case Presentations
- Field Training (140 hours)
- Assisting and observing the Consultation of doctor with Patients
- Observing the Counseling done by doctor for Patients
- Data collection/ Clinical and non clinical parameter collection and analyzing
- Yoga therapy intervention to the patients
- Practical in Classroom (150 hours)
- Demonstration of Therapy practices
- Group practicing of therapy practices
- Administration of therapy practices
- Registration Fees: S$500 per person
- Course Fees: S$3,500 per person
Venue of School
- 14D Jalan Masjid, #01-01 Kingston Terrace, Singapore 418935
Certifying School of Yoga
- Indian Institute of Patanjali Yoga Affiliated to Swami Paramhansa Samsthana (Under section 44 of MPR act. 1973 05/26/01/0897/10. Govt. of India) www.paramhansa.org
- Weekdays Evenings and Weekends
- Thursdays and Fridays: 7.30pm to 10pm
- Saturdays and Sundays: 9am to 4pm
- Weekdays Daytime
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: 11am to 3pm
Teaching Techniques (Practical)
- Classroom arrangement
- Eight step procedure of teaching of yoga asanas, Kriya, Pranayama, etc
- System of presentation, demonstration
|Title of Topics||Units|
|Yoga Therapy Foundations||
|Integrated Approach of Yoga Therapy for Common Aliments||
|Therapeutical Teaching/ Therapy Techniques or tools and their applications (Practicum)||
|Principles and Skills of Learning and Delivering to Patients (Practicum)||
|Ethics and Legal Regulation in Professional Practice|
|Field Training (Internship) – Under Expert Supervision|